Mite allergy in autumn - For mite allergy sufferers the time of suffering begins now

With the beginning of autumn, summer does not only say goodbye in terms of the calendar. Although the temperatures are still quite mild during the day, the days are already noticeably shorter and the nights quite cool. The cold season begins. We retreat more indoors again, here we make ourselves comfortable and warm up. What most people can enjoy without worries is the beginning of a time of suffering for mite allergy sufferers. Because when the heating is turned on, the peak season of mite allergy begins again.

Mite allergy sufferers experience a climax of symptoms in autumn

A person allergic to mites has allergy symptoms all year round. This is because, unlike a pollen allergy, which only affects hay fever allergy sufferers at the respective flowering times of the year, the mite allergy is not seasonal but present all year round. Nevertheless, mite allergy sufferers experience a kind of climax of symptoms in autumn. And this, although many mites now even die due to the dry heating air. The fact that the mite allergy is still in peak season is mainly due to the fact that it is not the living mite itself, but rather the mite allergy sufferer's legacy that makes life difficult. Due to the mite population that has grown over a long period of time, a particularly large amount of mite faeces has accumulated. In addition, the decaying bodies of dead mites release vast amounts of allergens. The heating air now whirls up the mite allergens of the dried excrement as well as the remains of the mites and distributes them in the room air. The concentration of allergens thus reaches a peak and triggers violent allergic reactions in the mite allergy sufferer, whose symptoms burden and impair him or her much more than in the rest of the year.

What helps the mite allergy sufferer now

First and most important measure in case of a mite allergy: Avoid contact with the allergen as far as possible! Mite allergens can be found in the highest concentration, especially in bed. Up to 15,000 mites can be contained in just one gram of mattress dust. The covering of all bedding with allergy-proof bed covers, so-called encasings, creates a protective barrier and shields the mite allergy sufferer from the allergens that cause illness. In the case of severe symptoms, short-term medication can provide relief. However, the intake should be coordinated with the doctor and not be taken as part of self-medication. In addition, the mite allergy sufferer should pay attention to a reduction of the allergen concentration in the living room and bedroom. Measures that worsen the living conditions for mites are suitable for this. Furthermore, everything that strengthens the immune system does the mite allergy sufferer good, e.g. long autumn walks, vitamin-rich food, sufficient sleep and rest.

Why the right allergy treatment makes sense

The earlier a mite allergy is detected and treated, the better the mite allergy sufferer will cope with his allergy. The symptoms are noticeably relieved and the quality of life improves again. Those affected particularly appreciate the fact that the annoying symptoms no longer interfere with sleep and that they feel rested and fit again in the morning. The partner of a mite allergy sufferer is also grateful, as his or her night's sleep has also suffered as a result of the complaints. Regardless of the fact that the mite allergy sufferer feels better with the right treatment, he makes a valuable contribution to his health. An untreated mite allergy can lead to chronic illnesses and even cause asthma as a result of the so-called floor change. This happens when the inflammation moves from the upper to the lower respiratory tract. Asthma cannot be cured - but allergic asthma can be avoided if treated early.